Monday, May 16, 2011

Friend Moments by Oladayo Olajide

Ladies and Gentlemen, I would like to introduce a new upcoming female talent in the literary community. Please welcome Debby Dhayor!

*crowd roar* *applause*

*taking a bow*

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

Okay, you know those times when you don’t just get on with your close buddies? Here’s some musings from that perspective.
Enjoy as always...@ moi frequency...*wink*


Wow! I just hate it when I do this. It’s really cool to be left alone in some things. Friends can never always be the same. Some are made for some people and some for another. I’m way past these things. I never always want to do this. I don’t want to be that additional girl. I really don’t want to be pissed at all. Like they always say friendship is not by force. Everything in one’s life is the function of the decision you make. Friends are for different purposes. Some are for a minute, some are for a year, some are for that stage of your life, some are for 5 years and some are for a lifetime.

I never wish to have friends for purposes but I wish to have friends that will forever be in my life and make me a better person and never make me feel left out. Like I said, I’m way more than this. I remember a day I spoke my mind and she said I had no right to be angry.

A friend I believe is someone I can talk with and be a part of my growing life. I don’t want friends that will make me feel worse of me or look down on me. I don’t want friends that will rather hide things from me. I don’t want a friend that will want me to go the extra-miles in doing the things I hate doing. Instead, I desire a friend that can read me and always know when I’m lying just to not bug her with my troubles. Friends are meant to complement each other and be there for one another. I can afford to change who I am for a better me but I can’t afford to change me to be someone else.

Like she once said I don’t have a right to be angry. I don’t want to force myself to be like them, I just want to be me and be full of so much originality. That’s one thing I always love to be. They say many people will walk in and out of your life but only true friends will leave footprints in your heart. I have tried so much to make them happy and for me to be accepted in their league but you know what I realize? They say I’m totally out of their league. I don’t want to fit in a place where I’m not accepted. I just want to be me. I’m not getting younger; It’s time to move on. 

Don’t be bothered if they are letting you in or not, don’t be bothered if they get gifts for themselves and you are left out and don’t be bothered if they look more splendid than you are. I could sacrifice to make people around me happy, its something I totally love to do as far as I get to put a smile on your face and joy in your heart. Don’t have friends to kill them instead have friends to make them better than they use to be. You are unique in your own way, you haven’t just realised how important you are to people and the world at large. Be the best you can be and the world will come looking for you. Be determined to do the extra-ordinary things to get your goals achieved if you want them realised. 

You are this special being God took time to create, so you are too blessed to be stressed. Make Him your best friend. I bet you, He is all you ever want to have to get to the final destination. Just let that little light in you shine.

Lastly, a true friend is someone who listens to you with real concentration and expresses sincere care for our struggles and pains. He or She makes you feel that something very deep is happening to you. Wish everyone good at all times and remember you came to this world alone and the key to your future lies in your hands and within you. You alone have the permission to make you feel the way you want to. 
God loves you more.

(Please send any nice write-ups or thoughts to michael.onobote@gmail.com. Don't over-analyze...the world wants to hear you!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment