Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Tinsel

Not writing this note would be a total selfish motive. Its based on a discovery in the depths of one of those moments of meditating.

Its not one of those that I plan to write with my dictionary correcting typos and all. Its not one of those to like also cuz I'm saying it as it comes.

I just discovered something that we are actually in one of the most severe wars than we ever thought. It worse than any wars ever seen because it can't be seen. Its the most carefully planned, thought out and subtly executed kind.

 Its a war of morals.

The decay of morals has never been so intense than in these present times. If you're feeling uneasy reading this or its boring, then maybe its actually for you...or maybe not.
My business here is to deliver the message and the ball is in your court.
Talking against the negative manifestations of moral decadence in our present society either presents shame, criticism or simply ignored. But I'll ask something...

Does pouring perfume on a dead rotten rat remove the smell?
After some days what still happens?

Okay lets ride on, cuz I'll be giving you some scenarios you'd relate with.
Still on the rat matter, as long as it still remains, the smell remains!
Moral decadence is on a recruitment spree accross all forms of civilization: both developed and under-developed; and its more celebrated in the yuppiedom. Yep...nasty is the new cool these days.

Smoking ain't a topic you advice someone on cuz its just cool to carry out your own combustion process in your nose too. Afterall machines are replacing men these days, so men should have a role to play in acting as engines too right? *sigh* Just sad.
Well, this is not on smoking anyways buh I know you know that we both know the truth is bitter, right?

Indecent dressing is the new sassy.

Vulgar,hate-promoting songs are the new groovy, right?

I once heard someone ask a question and I really saw a point in it.
So this girl was dressed 'sassy-cious' and a certain lady asked and said, "What message dyu think you're passing?"
Well actually some know they do pass messages anyways (who cares?)and guys are sure to receive with all thankfulness but is this really what defines your self-worth? or are you just a proud and silent victim of low self-worth?
Little do you know that the irresponsible guy respects Elegant and 'decent' dressing. Yea and he won't just walk up to you cuz he knows you're too good for him. Actually, you are...or thats the message you passed.

The subtle good of the world is fast going into extinction and with the advent of technology which is supposed to make life easier, distractions have not seized to top the charts.

Who goes to the beach these days when we can all watch a beach documentary on our flat screens and flat heads.
Who cares about these things anyways?
Who shakes and hugs these days when I can send you a hug on FB and OH...did you see my 'Poke' yesterday?
Who reads the bible these days, when my E-bible on the BB is there...but OH! I gotta ping first.

Fast cars, fast food...everything is on fastforward.

Hey, don't get me wrong, I didn't write this piece as 'that guy in the white robe and a halo with little cherubs flying round me'...but as the dude who just discovered that the fluid he's been using as body cream all these years is actually honey and decides to let His friends know how sweet it tastes. I know you get this, uhn? Don't you? I know you're nodding.

Are you still trying hard to get what I'm saying? Yep...its pure gibberish to the complex-minded which brings me to my concluding point!

Life is still as simple as it was 1000's of years ago...man only got more complex!

Jesus has always presented himself in the most simple manner but man  has always been the complex one, the one trying to look for the best ways to serve him, the right mood to be in and the right words to say.
But I just discovered all he asked for was me to be in His rest so I can think of Him always and not be distracted by the worries of this world. And oh yes...he already paid the price, so there's nothing I can do to help Him out by trying hard to be 'holy'. He doesn't need your help, He needs you out of the trash. So forgive yourself, turn from the 'world's madness', know He has forgiven and start living in that mentality

"A child in the village will always think the King's palace is the finest. Wait till you show him the city and he'll never return" - Me

Whats all the fuss about?...The fuss isn't about you changing. Naaaa...That would be too myopic!
Its about the lives attached to your success, the lives you would impact, the lives that'll have hope all because you chose to follow the right path. Yup..that's a broader perspective. If Mr Thomas Edison decided to live only for himself, then you'd be reading this post on a cave wall with a sorry lamp. One man...such impact!
Same applies to you I guess. Its all in how you see it, accept it as true and work towards a new you.
I guess you picked something...I hope you did cuz I sure did.

Get out of that trashy 'tinsel' life and experience true freedom in God!
Doesn't that sound just cooool...well, is up to you hombre.

Tinsel(adjective):  appearing glamorous but in fact worthless
Microsoft® Encarta® 2009. © 1993-2008 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.



(Feel free to add any contributions or objections below)

0 comments:

Post a Comment